Dear Parents and Carers,
UPDATE FROM THE SCHOOL 27-03-20
1. Thank you to all who have found a way to keep their children at home this week. This has meant that there have been very few children at school and the chances of spreading Coronavirus (COVID-19) in our village community will have been greatly reduced. A particular thanks to those Key Workers within the community, who still managed to find a way to keep their children safe at home. Please continue to comply fully to the current government guidance on Social Distancing and Self-Isolation https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus .
2. The learning on the school website will be updated with new activities by the beginning of the school week. We know that there have been a few glitches with logins for some sites etc. Hopefully most of these have now been ironed out. However, if you have any difficulties or queries about these activities, please email Julia Taylor email@example.com, who will forward your query to the class teacher.
3. There are still a number of exercise books, in which children can record their home-learning, available from the foyer of the school office. If needed, please come and collect during school hours – please make it a part of your daily exercise. If your household is under Self-Isolation and you would like the books delivered, please let us know.
4. Class teachers have started calling parents/carers today and will continue next week, just to check in to see if everything is alright and if there is anything we can do to support. As many teachers are working remotely from home, the phone call is likely to come from an ‘unknown caller’ where the number is withheld.
5. We know that there is much uncertainty at this time. If your family are in hardship, we would like to draw your attention to the Stretham Charity which can be called on for support. The Charity has two aims; alleviation of hardship and aiding education for the benefit of those living in Stretham. More information can be found here www.stretham-charity.org.uk .
I hope you and your family remain safe and have a restful weekend.